Posted On: November 21, 2011 by

Evidence In A Sexual Harassment Case

What happens when you are being sexually harassed at work and there is no written proof or no witnesses? How are you suppose to confront the person doing the sexual harassment and prove this is actually happening? My Chicago offices gets calls like this all the time. Here is the advice I give and what I believe you should do. If the person harassing you will not stop try this. Send him an email memorializing what he just said to you and ask if you heard him correctly. This does a couple of things First, if he responds in the positive, you now have proof of what he said to you.

Second, even if he does not respond to your email, it may get him thinking that you will not put up with the sexual harassment and he may stop. If the person still won't stop you can file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Human Rights ("IDHR"). My office handles cases before the IDHR and it is one way to stop the harassment. Remember that not doing anything is the worse thing because the harasser will just continue doing what he is doing.